What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website Content Management System (CMS) in existence today. Hundreds of Thousands of Custom WordPress Websites are in use today.
What does this mean for your business?
WordPress is easy to use and flexible. If you can use Microsoft Word or post to FaceBook you can use the WordPress Content Management System (CMS). Content changes can easily be applied by you or anyone you authorize to:
- Add new pages
- Create Blog Posts
- Upload photos
- Edit page wording
- Create page templates to be reused
What is included with a basic WordPress website?
Everything you need to get up and running.
- WordPress installation and setup
- Home Page Media Slider plugin
- Enhanced SEO plugin
- Social Media Sharing plugin
- Site Map generation plugin
- Creation of Home Page and 4 additional pages
- Website Menu creation
- Initial upload of Images/Video
- Configuration of Colors, Fonts, Logos, eMail Addresses
- Blog setup
- Contact Information page creation and setup
Is WordPress Search Engine Friendly?
WordPress is written using standard compliance high quality code and produces semantic mark up which makes your site very attractive to search engines. By design WordPress is very SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly, and Cambridge Valley Marketing can make it even more SEO friendly. We install and set-up a time proven set of WordPress SEO plugins to further optimize your website for the search engines.
Is WordPress Mobile Friendly?
Not all WordPress sites are Mobile Friendly. During the initial setup stage of your website Cambridge Valley Marketing will install a time test Mobile Friendly WordPress Theme ensuring that your website is Mobile Friendly from the start.
Can an eCommerce website be set-up using WordPress?
Yes. There are currently tens of thousands of eCommerce websites running today using WordPress. If you are going to sell products or services on your website, during the initial setup stage of your website Cambridge Valley Marketing will install a time tested eCommerce plugin that meets your needs. After the initial setup you have control through the Content Management System to:
- Add new products
- Change product descriptions and pricing
- Update photos
- Add new product categories
- Run multiple Sales and Product Reports
- Add or update Shipping Methods
- Add or update Sales Tax information
What is required to get a WordPress website up and running?
To get a basic WordPress website up and running you need 3 things:
- A Domain Name (xxxxxx.com)
- A Hosting Account (Someplace to keep your website on the Internet)
- A WordPress Installation and setup to your Hosting Account
Cambridge Valley Marketing can help you all 3. We offer competitive pricing on Domain Name registration and yearly renewal, Hosting Accounts optimized for Word Press, and Installation and setup services.
Cambridge Valley Marketing also offers a wide range of Marketing services to help your business prosper, from printed materials such as Business Cards and Flyers to Internet Banner Ad Placement. Please contact us for a quote on a package that fits your business and budget.
Also See our: